Music Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Music Discussion

Post  LumberjackBoz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 pm

So this is off topic and I felt like getting everyone's music interests just out of curiosity as well as to discuss fav. bands/genres.

I really listen to basically whatever I'm in the mood for and have a huge variety of interests from classical all the way up to hard rock, punk, ska, etc.
My favorite genre(s) are Swing, Big band, and 40's Vocalists, and of course jazz. Contrary to that, my favorite two bands are Pink Floyd and Flogging Molly. But today I was in a punk mood, listening to Anti-Flag Very Happy

So that being said, what are yall's favorite music to listen to?
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am nerd!

Post  delacroix3227 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Well I listen to most of everything. Not saying I like it all but I'll give it a hear.

My favorites are generally anything dealing with the Vocaloids, Versailles, Voltaire, and a lot of other anime/ j- anything.

But I also love classical and instrumental music.
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Discussion

Post  LumberjackBoz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:41 pm

delacroix3227 wrote:Well I listen to most of everything. Not saying I like it all but I'll give it a hear.

My favorites are generally anything dealing with the Vocaloids, Versailles, Voltaire, and a lot of other anime/ j- anything.

"versailles..voltaire..." even your name delacroix.... you seem to really like french stuff
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  delacroix3227 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm

LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:Well I listen to most of everything. Not saying I like it all but I'll give it a hear.

"versailles..voltaire..." even your name delacroix.... you seem to really like french stuff

9.9 I have NO idea what you're talking about XD Actually Versailles is a j-rock band and Voltaire came from Cuba.
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LumberjackBoz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:57 pm

delacroix3227 wrote:
9.9 I have NO idea what you're talking about XD Actually Versailles is a j-rock band and Voltaire came from Cuba.
Surprised ok i'm mistaken lol. All i know is that apparently versailles is also some sort of genre of french music. and I just assumed voltaire was something french because of the famous french writer named Voltaire haha
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrUmibozu on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Uhm... let me think:

Talking Heads, Smashing Pumpkins, Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Cage the elephant, CAKE, weezer, Electric Light Orchestra, death cab, neutral milk hotel, orba squara, the Pixies, spoon, the cat empire, vampire weekend, the mae shi... and more.
MrUmibozu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LumberjackBoz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:05 pm

MrUmibozu wrote:Uhm... let me think:

Talking Heads, Smashing Pumpkins, Modest Mouse, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Cage the elephant, CAKE, weezer, Electric Light Orchestra, death cab, neutral milk hotel, orba squara, the Pixies, spoon, the cat empire, vampire weekend, the mae shi... and more.

Dude, my friends are all obsessed with arcade fire. Also, your taste in music sounds a lot like my roommate.
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  delacroix3227 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 pm

LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:
Surprised ok i'm mistaken lol. All i know is that apparently versailles is also some sort of genre of french music. and I just assumed voltaire was something french because of the famous french writer named Voltaire haha

Hehe yeah Versailles dresses up in all of that royalty clothing and their videos are all lush and proper. Really awesome. And Voltaire was named after the writer, its his middle name actually.
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LumberjackBoz on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:17 pm

delacroix3227 wrote:
LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:

Hehe yeah Versailles dresses up in all of that royalty clothing and their videos are all lush and proper. Really awesome. And Voltaire was named after the writer, its his middle name actually.

Ah, well then I was atleast partly right.
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  delacroix3227 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm

LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:
LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:

Ah, well then I was atleast partly right.

Yep! =D Smart smart
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrUmibozu on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:19 pm

delacroix3227 wrote:
LumberjackBoz wrote:
delacroix3227 wrote:

Your roommate must be a pretty cool guy.
MrUmibozu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tmclevel on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:07 pm

I like pretty much anything. For now a small list. mc chris, Blue Man Group, Gorillaz, Green Day, Ozzy, AC/DC, Creed, Billy Talent, Queen, Disturbed, Tool, Boom Boom Satellites, Metallica, The Beach Boys, Tokuri, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Korn, Simple Plan, Godsmack, Bob Marley, Nickelback, Linkin Park, The Beatles, Slipknot, Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett... that's it for now. There is more but it's like if you wanted me to list the number of Anime I've watched or liked.
tmclevel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crater7 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:45 pm

haha i like anything from classical to hard rock to metal to screamo to pink floyd (not sure what its called lol) and gorillaz to rap to techno to mgmt.. basically anything with talent..t he one thing i don't like is hip/hop because it takes no talent to make that music..
i could not make a list of all my favorite bands.. it would be too diverse and long lol it just depends on my mood...
i would say my all time favorite genre is metal/rock
Crater7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LumberjackBoz on Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:00 am

tmclevel wrote:I like pretty much anything. For now a small list. mc chris, Blue Man Group, Gorillaz, Green Day, Ozzy, AC/DC, Creed, Billy Talent, Queen, Disturbed, Tool, Boom Boom Satellites, Metallica, The Beach Boys, Tokuri, Coldplay, Bon Jovi, Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Korn, Simple Plan, Godsmack, Bob Marley, Nickelback, Linkin Park, The Beatles, Slipknot, Bruce Springsteen, Jimmy Buffett... that's it for now. There is more but it's like if you wanted me to list the number of Anime I've watched or liked.

I saw Pearl Jam on that list. I'm not a big fan, but I am like in love with the singer. Eddie Vedder's solo albums are awesome. They always want to make me back up my bags and leave my whole world behind.
LumberjackBoz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  W3STICLES on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:59 am

I like most music.

a lot of brittish indie stuff you guys probably havent heard of.

W3STICLES
Admin

View user profile http://w3minecraft.freeforumshosting.org

Back to top Go down

Post  MrUmibozu on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 am

W3STICLES wrote:I like most music.

Then tell us about it! I always like to hear new music Smile.
MrUmibozu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  delacroix3227 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 am

MrUmibozu wrote:
W3STICLES wrote:I like most music.

Then tell us about it! I always like to hear new music Smile.

Same I always love to hear new things.
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  W3STICLES on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:28 am

bloody hell.
i spelt British wrong.

I now realise most of it isnt indie:
umm....
Mark Ronson
Dizzie Rascal
Hadouken!
Tinnie Tempah
The Wombats
Plan B
Professor Green
Mumford And Sons
Chase and Status
Biffy clyro
Florence + The Machine
Ellie Goulding

theres more that i cant think of right now.
and you'll probably have heard of some of these anyway.
W3STICLES
Admin

View user profile http://w3minecraft.freeforumshosting.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Tmville on Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

Well, as a musician I'm into a lot of genres... I'm a guitarist, both classical and electric, so guitar is very important to me. I usually listen to metal (technical death metal mostly) but I do love for example Stravinsky's compositions, fusion jazz et cetera. I don't really like nu metal or stuff like that - for me it's pretty much boring. I used to like Linkin Park when I was little though - Reanimation was/is an amazing album... but even they have become a somewhat crappy band imo.

Few of my favorite artists/bands: Fredrik Thordendal/Meshuggah, Mats&Morgan band, Scarve, The Faceless, Necrophagist, Stravinsky (as mentioned before), Trivium, Lamb of God, Pagan's Mind, Soilwork, Spawn of Possession, Keith Merrow, Machine Head, Blind Guardian, Kiuas and so on.

Tmville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crater7 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:32 am

what istument does everyone play? (if any at all)
i play the trumpet and i am teaching myself the piano.. i would also like to pick up guitar but school is busy
Crater7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tmville on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 am

Classical guitar, electric guitar, drums. I can play bass, too.

Tmville

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I play nerd!

Post  delacroix3227 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Ocarina

You know you love me.
delacroix3227

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  W3STICLES on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:46 pm